BE YOUR OWN THERAPIST // THE
UNCONDITIONAL MODEL | WORKSHOP WITH
ANNEKE LUCAS & ANNEKE SIPS
For the first time we introduce a VERY special guest from NYC: Meet Anneke Lucas (USA), creator of the Unconditional Model, founder of Liberation Prison Yoga and activist against sex-trafficking. And, Anneke Sips (NL, Founder of Network Yoga Therapy and designer of the Yogic Minimalism concept). Together they will offer an unique workshop.
- How do we offer a safe space even within an unsafe environment?
- How do we reach people who’ve been shut down by trauma and mental illness?
- How do we set healthy boundaries
image by: Francesca Magnani
‘About he importance of safety, boundaries and permission in yoga, in life…’
- 3- day Workshop: March 15, 16, 17, 2019 with Anneke Sips (NL) and Anneke Lucas (USA)
- €299,- ex tax 21% (= € 361,80 incl tax)
De Bonte Zwaan
Haparandadam 7 // 1013 AK Amsterdam
- The organisation holds the right to cancel these dates for this training if the minimum of participants will not be reached (please, email to check the status before booking your flight)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- It is open to anyone who has an interest in trauma.
- For anyone who is working or dealing with trauma personally and/ or professionally.
- No prior knowledge or experience in working with trauma is required.
- For anyone interested in trauma informed yoga, meditation and mindfulness.
- If you are interested in applying yoga as a healing tool for yourself or others
No professional yoga teaching certification is required to take the workshop: This workshop is open to all.
ABOUT ANNEKE SIPS
Anneke is a Registered Nurse (RN) and works in psychiatry sinds 1998. She is one of the first accredited yoga therapists in The Netherlands (C-IAYT) and the founder of Network Yoga Therapy and The Yoga Therapy Conference in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Her expertise can be found in yoga for mental health and especially trauma and psychosis. Anneke is a bridge builder in the field of Yoga Therapy for mental health in The Netherlands. She currently writes a book about the principles that help us finding our own (yoga-) therapist inside. She designs and offers compassion focussed therapeutic yoga programs based on these principles and is a student of A.G. Mohan, his wife Indra Mohan from Chennai who were both direct students of Krishnamacharya.
ABOUT ANNEKE LUCAS
Anneke Lucas is the founder of the non-profit organization Liberation Prison Yoga, bringing yoga and empowerment programs to prisons. Anneke creates curriculum for programs and workshops and leads trainings for the organization. As a survivor of child sex trafficking and extreme violence, she is also an advocate for sex trafficking survivors and a public speaker.
She is writing a book about the Unconditional Model, a unique healing modality she developed over her 30 year journey of personal healing and a decade of working with traumatized populations. The Unconditional Model looks at power dynamics as a way to gain awareness about the self. Offering tools to accept and embrace all parts of the self, the purpose is to create an egalitarian system within with as ultimate purpose to create, in reflection, an egalitarian society without. She is represented by Sam Hyate at the Rights Factory.
You may wish to share and receive understanding and acceptance during the workshop, or you may wish to only hold space for others. Either way, you will learn a new healing modality to work with and deal with trauma. Many who have taken either of our workshops have said their lives and the way they worked were forever changed.
we will explore…
Anneke Lucas at TedX
‘May we all be victorious’
what to expect…
Personally: You will leave this workshop with an entirely new understanding of trauma, from the global to the personal level. This understanding will help you to apply these new healing techniques through mindfulness, yoga and meditation for yourself or others. You will know how to return to an emotionally safe space, again and again, an important resource in every aspect of your life. You will learn how to apply the tools you receive to remain mindful and accepting of yourself in all circumstances, for your personal growth.