I believe knowing come in waves of feeling.
yoga therapy sessions
I create accessible and safe spaces where I support you in your personal journey towards recovery. We will map out your wishes and needs and make an integrative therapy plan that fits your life, using verbal and non-verbal tools, based on hatha yoga. We talk and we use asana (body posture), breathwork, mantra, mindful awareness practices and meditation during the sessions and you will integrate this into your life, for sustainable changes. Email to make your appointment for yoga therapy with me, online and in-person.
- Trauma related problems
- Problems in all stages of womenhood
- Feeling sensitive or misunderstood
- Psychotic vulnerability
- Feeling stuck in life
- Wish to make changes
- Missing flow in your life
During my 20 years of experience in yoga and psychiatry, I developed an attitude and vision that is a mixture of yoga, compassion and social psychiatry. In my non-dualistic view on existence I seek and find ways to help you find connection within yourself while strengthening the connection with the world around you as well. Be the leader of change of your own life!
waiting list < 2 weeks
training and mentoring
The sophisticated training programs will inspire you to be an open minded, knowledgeable health professional who is using yoga as a tool in therapy, and be a specialized yoga teacher or therapist. We offer full (holistic) yoga therapy trainings and specialization trainings for yoga in mental health care.
As we all know, the real work starts after the training! Get help implementing what you’ve learned from me with Network Yoga Therapy, your Svastha Yoga Therapy training any in another training from any other teacher and/ or institute. Make an appointment for yoga therapy with me, online and in-person.
Mentoring can include:
- Implementation support when you start creating your programs or integrate yoga as a therapy in your professional work (groups or individual clients). I can support the whole process or only some parts (for example the start-up). We can use the practical Network Yoga Therapy templates for yoga therapy so adjust so it fits your situation, groups and clients.
- We can discuss (challenging) individual cases.
- Burnout prevention and compassion fatigue, where your role as a teacher or therapist as an instrument in therapy is what we discuss, as we looking for self-care practices that fit you, finding your natural balance.
- Group intervision.
writing and speaking
You can hear me talk online and in-person about my passions at conferences or as a guest in trainings. Please, leave a message where you clearly explain why you would like to invite me and the vision of the event.
Subjects I am passionate about include:
- ‘Compassion for Voices’ The role of yoga in working with psychosis.
- ‘Communication that Connects’ Connecting relationship in psychiatry.
- ‘Mind declutter’ The role of yoga in a holistic framework of self-care for mental health.
- ‘Yoga and mental health: Global opportunities to explore’
meet me in 2018
CIC session at SYTAR (Washington, USA)
guest teacher Liberation Prison Yoga (New York, USA)
The Japanese Yoga Therapy Conference (Tokyo, Japan)
- Accessible Yoga Conference (Berlin, Germany)
- Ekhart Yoga (online training yoga therapy)
- De Nieuwe Yogaschool Amsterdam
writing & interviews
- Huffington Post
- more follows soon
I am a Svastha Yoga Teacher and Therapist and a Registered Nurse (RN) working in psychiatry since 1998. I am one of the first (and few) accredited yoga therapists (C-IAYT) in Europe and the founder of Network Yoga Therapy and The Yoga Therapy Conference in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I bridge yoga and mental health for over a decade. My expertise and experience can be found in yoga for complex mental health and especially addiction, trauma and psychosis. I design and offer therapeutic yoga programs and am a bridge builder in the field of Yoga Therapy for mental health in The Netherlands and globally. I am a student of A.G. Mohan, his wife Indra Mohan from Chennai who were both direct students of Krishnamacharya.
I am unbelievable curious and optimistic. I love the ocean. I am a mother.
Yoga Therapy and Mentoring
€ 95/ hour
5x pack € 475,- € 375,-
HOW TO BOOK?
- Pick your date/ 5 dates
- Email me at email@example.com
- I’ll reply that email, asking you a few questions so that I can prepare our meeting, plus send you the payment link.
- After the payment is done, you receive your invoice and the ZOOM link. With this link you can easily log in at the moment we meet.